Last year, the Claremont Museum of Art revived the tradition of the Padua Hills Art Fiesta held by Claremont artists from 1953 through 1959. The event was enthusiastically received by the community with 600 people attending.
The 9th Annual Padua Hills Art Fiesta returns with an outdoor art show, art and craft demonstrations, folk music, tacos and Jamaica punch. This year's exhibit will feature original Fiesta artists Rupert Deese and Harrison McIntosh. See attached full press release for more details. Photos available upon request. Studio visits and artist interviews can be arranged including with Harrison McIntosh who turns 98 on September 11.
• Sunday, November 4, from 11am to 4pm at 4467 Padua Ave., Claremont. Tickets will be $8 for adults, children under 18 are free. Claremont Museum of Art members will receive a 25% discount.
• Over Twenty area artist will display and sell their work under shady olive trees of the beautifully restored Padua Hills Theatre.
• An Art Exhibit, Rummy & Harry: 60 Years in the Studio, will showcase the ceramics of Rupert Deese and Harrison McIntosh. Historic materials will highlight their long friendship and the studio they shared since 1950.
• Art and craft demonstrations provided by area arts organizations will include ceramists from the AMOCA Ceramic Studios, craftsmen from Maloof Woodworkers, CCAA Museum of Art watercolor painters and artists from the dA Center for the Arts.
• ARTstART students will lead children in creative Art Activities.
• A Music Stage will feature local folk musicians.
• Festive foods from Casa de Salsa's taco bar and Spaggi's will be served with traditional Jamaica punch and fresh lemonade.
• Holiday shopping gets an early start with unique handmade artwork or art books.
|< Prev||Next >|