The City of Riverside is now accepting applications for 18 people to sit on city boards and commissions.
Applications will be accepted through Nov. 17.
Appointments will be made for openings on:
- The Airport Commission (Ward 7 and citywide)
- Board of Library Trustees (Ward 5 and citywide)
- Board of Public Utilities (Ward 5 and citywide)
- Commission on Disabilities (Ward 5)
- Cultural Heritage Board (Ward 6)
- Downtown Parking Committee (downtown)
- Human Relations Commission (citywide)
- Human Resources Board (citywide)
- Parks and Recreation Commission (citywide)
- Parking, Traffic, and Streets Commission (citywide)
- Planning Commission (citywide).
The city's 14 boards and commissions are comprised of community members who serve as advisory groups and offer guidance on important policy decisions for the city. Each group provides input on issues that affect daily life in Riverside - the general plan, design of buildings, parks, recreation, trees, streets, traffic regulations and public utilities. Members serve four-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for an additional four-year term.
"The Mayor and City Council Members value the input from our community volunteers," said City Clerk Colleen Nicol. "By serving as a member of one of the boards and commissions, residents will have an opportunity to affect their neighborhoods and city."
For more information, call the city clerk's office at (951) 826-5557. Applications are at the City Clerk's Office on the seventh floor of City Hall or online at www.riversideca.gov.
|< Prev||Next >|