More than 8,000 people are expected to attend this year’s Green Valley Earth Festival, a day of fun and festivities to be held April 19 at Dos Lagos in Corona.
This year’s event will be bigger than ever, featuring a variety of events, exhibits and entertainment for people of all ages and interests:
• Be a part of the largest Earth Day Drum Circle in Riverside County
• Watch 50 Boys and Girls Club members race model cars in a “Solar Green Prix”
• Enjoy community and professional performances throughout the day
• Browse the environmental exhibits – from hybrid cars to recycled materials
• Apply for a job at the Green Career Expo
• Watch Riverside artists at work painting the event, live
• Gaze at kite acrobatics
• Get your face painted
• Listen to live music
• And More!
This is the second-annual Earth Day celebration to take place at Dos Lagos. Sponsored by GIVE, the Green Institute for Village Empowerment, the event is designed to educate the public on environmental issues and to engage them in making smart choices in how they buy, use and dispose of the things they use in their everyday lives. This year’s theme is: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! It will feature activities related to making things from recycled materials.
What: The Green Valley Earth Festival at Dos Lagos
When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2008
Where: Dos Lagos in Corona, Calif. (Exit Dos Lagos Drive at the I-15)
GIVE is a nonprofit organization established in 2005 to promote balance in the way people live, how their choices impact the environment and others in their community. GIVE hosts events and initiatives, and sponsors college campus chapters to educate the public on issues related to sustainability, a term used to describe this social, economic and environmental balance. Visit www.giveforthefuture.org
|< Prev||Next >|