2004 Washington Descendents Visit Riverside
1. Margaret Washington Clifford is the granddaughter and oldest living direct descendant. She resides in Atlanta, Georgia and is a retired from the field of education. She is the owner and operator of Washington Candy Company, where she hand makes, packages and distributes all of her products.
2. Gloria Washington Baskin is the granddaughter and youngest living third generation direct descendant. She resides in Los Angeles. She is the mother of five, and grandmother of seven.
3. Nettie (Honey) Washington Douglass is the first born of the 16 great-grandchildren. She is also the great great granddaughter of Frederick Douglass. She carries on their legacies speaking around the United States. She currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
4. Marshall M. Abuwi, is the second born of the 16 great-grandchildren. He bears a striking resemblance to his great-grandfather. Marshall established the Booker T. Washington Heritage Association during the 2002 family reunion. He is a retired Officer of the military, and is currently working on a doctorate degree. Marshall resides in Augusta, Georgia with his wife Jackie.
5. Eric Hughes is married to Nhi. They have one daughter, Mylinh. Eric is a great-grandson fourth generation direct descendant. Eric and his brother Ernest established the first Booker T. Washington family reunion in 1996. He currently lives in Denver.
6. Gloria Yvonne Bonnie Jackson is a great-granddaughter fourth generation direct descendant. She is an attorney and a real estate broker. Bonnie currently resides in Los Angeles.
7. James Lyle ONeal, Jr., is a great-grandson fourth generation direct descendant. James currently works for Charles Schwab in San Francisco. He resides in Berkeley with his son Tyler and his wife Nicole.
8. Sarah ONeal Rush, is married to Anthony, she is the 16th of the 16 great-grandchildren. She is also named after her maternal great aunt, Sarah Meriwether Nutter, a founder of the AKA sorority. Sarah is currently developing an up and coming business The Booker T. Washington Empowerment Network. She resides in San Lorenzo where she is a mental health counselor for at-risk youth and their families.
9. Kenneth B. Morris, Jr. is the great-great grandson of Booker T. Washington and the great-great-great grandson of Frederick Douglass. He is president of Hotel Marketing International, a travel related marketing company he started 14 years ago. He resides in Corona, CA with his wife of almost 20 years, Diana and their 2 children Jenna (8) and Nicole (5).
10. Nettie Douglass Johnson IV is the great-great granddaughter of Booker T. Washington and the great-great-great granddaughter of Frederick Douglass. She has taught at the junior high school level for 15 years with the Val Verde Unified School District in Moreno Valley, CA. Nettie resides in Laverne, CA with her husband of 9 years, Gregory.