"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact
you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated
everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told
her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I will marry you.'
One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off,
she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.
He asked her, 'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The girl
looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed
eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at
them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.
Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take
good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were
This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very
few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in
the most painful situations.
Life Is a Gift
* Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't
* Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone
who has nothing to eat.
* Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone
who's crying out to GOD for a companion.
* Today before you complain about life - Think of someone who went too
early to heaven.
* Before whining about the distance you drive - Think of someone who
walks the same distance with their feet.
* And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the
unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had YOUR
* And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on
your face and think: you're alive and still around.
And are we yet alive, and see each other's face?
Glory and praise to Jesus give For his redeeming grace!
In His Love & Service,
Pastor Larry E. Campbell
St. Paul A.M.E. Church, San Bernardino, CA
|< Prev||Next >|