The San Bernardino County Association of African American Employees (SBCAAAE) is pleased to offer, three $700 academic scholarships for African American college bound high school seniors and currently enrolled college students (Note: College students only must be a current SBCAAAE member).
Scholarships will be presented at our 19th Annual Black History Month Celebration on February 23, 2012. Award recipients will receive (1) complimentary ticket.
To purchase tickets please contact: Carla Towns at (909) 383-9617.
2012 Scholarship Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applications and required documentation must be received by Friday, January 27, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
TYPE AND ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
• Scholarships must be applied toward full-time undergraduate/ graduate study in an academic discipline.*
• Scholarships awarded to college bound High School seniors will be issued in the form of a savings bond or directly to the academic institution if known.
• Scholarships awarded to current SBCAAAE College students will be submitted directly to the academic institution.
• Applicant must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale.
• Applicant must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
· Applicant must be involved in his or her community.
• Applicants must demonstrate a financial need.
*This includes disciplines such as Arts, Business and Public Administration, Education, Natural Sciences, and Social and Behavioral Sciences.
All scholarship candidates must submit the application attached along with:
• A professional recommendation letter (e.g. employer, professor, counselor, SBCAAAE member, church or community service organization) submitted on organization letterhead. May be submitted electronically.
• Most recent grade report or transcript.
|< Prev||Next >|