The 2012 Annual RCCD Recognition Awards brings a new show to town this year with the addition of live performances by music, dance, and theatre groups from Moreno Valley, Norco and Riverside City colleges.
“I cannot think of a better way to recognize the contributions of friends and supporters to our colleges and community than to showcase some of the excellent student achievements their support made possible,” said Chancellor Gregory W. Gray. “The idea of combining a popular recognition event with a gala featuring top student artists seemed natural given our colleges ‘commitment to excellence’.”
This year the District and the RCCD Foundation have moved the event, scheduled for April 26 at 5:30 p.m., from the Mission Inn to the Riverside Convention Center, Raincross Ballroom, in order to accommodate the dinner and gala. “We loved being at the Mission Inn the past few years,” said Amy Cardullo, director of the RCCD Foundation. “But this year's gala event requires a larger space to accommodate the performances. We know the Convention Center will be a marvelous venue to showcase our award-winning music, dance, and theatre groups."
Each year, the District and Foundation recognize individuals and organizations in several categories: Alumnus of the Year, Distinguished Public Service, Outstanding Partner, and Chancellor’s Award for Excellence. This year, each college will also recognize a Young Alumnus.
The 2012 RCCD Recognition Awards recipients are:
· Distinguished Public Service - The Honorable Ron Loveridge, Mayor, City of Riverside
· Alumnus of the Year - Dr. Nicolas Ferguson, Superintendent, Alvord Unified School District
· Moreno Valley College Young Alumnus - James Finley, Creative Director & CEO, Broken Circle Studios
· Norco College Young Alumnus - Naushad Huda, Founder & CEO, TEXTOPOLY Mobile Marketing
· Riverside City College Young Alumnus - Ryan Daniel Beck, Dancer & Choreographer
· Outstanding Partner - Distribution Management Association
· The Chancellor’s Award for Excellence - Professor Emeritus Jan Schall, Founder of the RCCD Study Abroad Program RCCD Fellow of Excellence and multiple Grammy Award singer and songwriter Jon Secada will appear as a special guest artist, helping to launch the arts gala. Secada and five vocal, instrumental, dance, and theatre groups from Moreno Valley, Norco and Riverside City colleges will perform during the evening.
Reservations for the 2012 Annual RCCD Recognition Awards Dinner & Arts Gala can be made now, and several sponsorship levels are available. For tickets and other information, call 951-222-8958. Proceeds from the event will support student enrichment activities at Moreno Valley College, Norco College and Riverside City College.
Event sponsors include: Riverside Medical Clinic, City of Riverside, Integrated Care Communities, Citizens Business Bank, Orco Block Co., and Tilden-Coil Constructors.
|< Prev||Next >|