To help residential and business customers stay cool and lower their summer electricity bills, Southern California Edison (SCE) offers a variety of ways to conserve energy, money and the environment.
“There are so many free and lowcost ways to stay cool and comfortable this summer – while keeping electricity costs in check,” said Gene Rodrigues, SCE’s director of Customer Energy Efficiency and Solar. “Now, more than ever, people are interested in saving money and the environment. We’re focused on being able to help our customers do that.”
SCE, recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and others for its groundbreaking work in energy efficiency, suggests three initial steps:
1. Take an energy efficiency survey for home or business. The customized results outline energysaving opportunities even the most energy-conscious customer will value. Visit www.sce.com/survey for homes and
www.sce.com/bizsurvey for businesses. 2. Look for SCE rebates and incentives. Go to www.sce.com/rebate for residences and www.sce.com/business for businesses. Examples of savings in the home include:
• ENERGY STAR-qualified portable room air conditioner ($20). • Energy-efficient evaporative cooling systems ($300).
• Refrigerator and freezer recycling program ($50).
• Select an ENERGY STAR-qualified refrigerator ($50).
• Variable-speed pool pump and motor ($200).
• Air-conditioning maintenance and installation services (up to $2,000).
Rebates for businesses include: • Reflective window film ($1.35/per square foot).
• Energy-efficient evaporative coolers ($123 per ton).
• Package terminal air conditioners through-the-wall, self-contained and two tons or less ($100 per unit).
3. Install CFLs now.
According to a recent survey, many customers have bought CFLs, or compact fluorescent lights, but are waiting until their current inefficient incandescent bulbs burn out before installing these energy-and-moneysaving bulbs. This delays the tremendous savings CFLs provide.
Not only are CFLs up to 75 percent more efficient, but they emit far less heat, reducing the need for air conditioning.
SCE works with manufacturers and retailers to lower the cost of ENERGY STAR-qualified CFLs in SCE territory, so the price is not a hindrance to its customers.
For more energy-saving solutions, check out www.sce.com/tips or call SCE at 1-800-736-4777.
|< Prev||Next >|