Join Wilmer Amina Carter at kickoff fundraising breakfast
Join hundreds of supporters of Wilmer Amina Carter at a kickoff fundraising breakfast on March 13, 2010 in an effort to return her to the California Assembly as the representative of the 62nd District.
The 99 Men Plus Host Committee Breakfast Fundraiser will take place at El Rancho Verde Country Club, 355 E. Country Club Drive, Rialto, CA 92377. The ingathering begins at 9:30 a.m. Breakfast will be served at 10 a.m. RSVP by March 11. For more info and cost, call Ratibu Jacocks at (909) 820-4406.
Winter Evening in Downtown Riverside
Karen Wilson And Friends present Songs and Stories For a Winter Evening: A Kind of Cabaret.
The very talented Karen Wilson tells stories and sings songs @ Back to the Grind, 3575 University Ave., Riverside 92501. For more than 20 years, Wilson has performed in classrooms, clubs, auditoriums and at festivals. She has sung with folk icon Pete Seeger and read poetry on the PBS series, "Favorite Poem Project." She has told tales and enchanted crowds at such diverse places as New York's Metropolitan Museum, Lincoln Center and the Central Park Zoo. Lovely snacks, desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages available. And jazz, jazz, jazz! Come and enjoy!
Riverside Seeks Community Input in Police Chief Search
The search for the City of Riverside’s next Police Chief is underway and City residents are being asked what they would like to see in Riverside’s next top cop.
To solicit this input, a series of three community meetings will be held to provide residents with a unique opportunity to share their thoughts directly with City officials.
Meetings will be held:
• Thursday, March 4 at 5:30 p.m. in the Community Room at César Chávez Auditorium, 2060 University Avenue
• Wednesday, March 10 at 6:30 p.m. at Orange Terrace Community Center, 20010 Orange Terrace Parkway (ASL interpreter provided)
• Thursday, March 15 at 7 p.m. at the La Sierra Senior Center, 5215 La Sierra Avenue Participants will be asked to share their thoughts or ideas on this important topic. Topics of particular focus include:
1. What do residents see as the major public safety (law enforcement) issues facing our City?
2. What type of experience is important for the next Chief of Police?
3. What personal characteristics should the Chief possess?
4. How would Riverside residents like the Chief to be involved in our community? For more information on these meetings, contact City of Riverside Special Events at (951) 826-5586 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|< Prev||Next >|