From: Walter Hawkins
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:22 AM
To: westsideactiongroup@gmail.com
Subject: Ayala's poor decision – UPDATE

Looks like Joe Ayala does not want to continue serving as a member of the Rialto USD Board of Education. He is spending a lot of time trying to do the bidding of the Baca family. He jumped into the fire by letting the Baca’s talk him into writing an editorial attacking a Native American business association because they support Cheryl Brown for the AD 47 seat over Joe Baca, Jr. Ayala’s decision to blindly support Baca could be an indication that he lacks good judgment and let's emotion prevail over facts.

With a little bit of due diligence, Mr. Ayala would have found out that the mailer's content is valid. A careful analysis of the filings required by state and federal agencies indicates that the contributions to the Baca’s and to their foundation benefit the Baca family. Let's look at a couple of examples that might lead a reviewer to that conclusion:

1) Baca senior's PAC has given about $52,000 a year to Jeremy Baca to raise funds;

2) Baca senior gives Baca junior about $8,000 for junior's PACs;

3) Baca junior gets money from the Baca Foundation for working 50 hrs/wk while being a teacher & a councilman;

4) Baca senior gets a supporter to create a PAC then funds the PAC to attack his opponents. In addition to looking at the filings, Mr. Ayala could have read the articles written by journalist cited the mailers. So Joe, the ball is in the Baca’s court. If there is to be "Peace in the Valley", the Baca’s need to make the overtures instead of whining on robo calls and sacrificing their "friends."

Ayala’s issue is that The California Tribal Business Alliance PAC has decided to support Cheryl after doing their “homework” on the two candidates running for the 47th Assembly District. This PAC is an independent group and not connected to the campaign nor have they given any money to the Cheryl Brown for Assembly Committee campaign. However, they decided to share their findings from their homework assignment with the voters of the district by sending political mailers in the mail.

Ayala said in his letter he is certain of one thing and that is ”gambling and politics is a recipe for corruption” but failed to mention that the Baca family received thousands of dollars from the tribal community for years for their political campaigns and no one has ever called the tribes corrupt; nor do I believe any of them are corrupt for doing their homework on Joe Jr. and sharing it with the voters.

It’s clear from Walter Hawkins’ email to WAG that he has done his homework. It’s also clear that the tribal alliance has done their homework. Perhaps Ayala should do his homework before seeking support from WAG or any other group in the community.

Add comment

By using our comment system, you agree to not post profane, vulgar, offensive, or slanderous comments. Spam and soliciting are strictly prohibited. Violation of these rules will result in your comments being deleted and your IP Address banned from accessing our website in the future. Your e-mail address will NOT be published, sold or used for marketing purposes.

Security code
Refresh

Quantcast

BVN National News Wire