The last hired first fired issue came before the U.S. Supreme Court back in the 1960s when some United Steelworkers employees in Louisiana raised the concern that Blacks were always the last to be hired in the workforce and the first to be fired when there was a problem in the workplace.
This Week's Most Read
- Suicide Bomber Dressed as Student Kills 48 at All-Boys Public School
- Looming Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Makes Emmett Till Tree Planting Ceremony a Bitter Sweet Reminder
- New York City Council Bill to Make Chokehold Illegal
- Race and Opportunity in Detroit: Black, Neighborhood Businesses Lose
- St. Louis Commits to Police Diversity